ESCOLINHA DE PORTUGUÊS ABCDE
The Escolinha de Português ABCDE e Centro Cultural Brasileiro, located in Woking – Surrey, promotes and teaches Portuguese as a mother-tongue language, as well as Brazilian culture, for children from the ages of 2-11 years-old.
Our classes take place on Saturdays from 10am-midday, and follow the UK’s academic calendar.
ABCD opened its doors in September 2015, thanks to three Brazilian mothers who felt that their children needed a formal environment to learn Portuguese and have contact with Brazilian culture, whilst interacting with other Portuguese speaking children.
- Teach Portuguese as a mother-tongue.
- Spread Brazilian culture and promote social events, so that children can establish connections with other Brazilian friends and families.
- Provide opportunities for children to socialize with other Brazilian Portuguese speaking children.
- Teach about Brazil’s history, geography, art, folklore, music and other aspects.
- Establish a network of Bilingual (English/Portuguese) children in Surrey.
- Be a fun learning-environment, so that children enjoy learning more about Brazil, its people and its language.
To be able to meet growing demand, and improve the infrastructure of the school, ABCD moved home before the beginning of its second academic year and is now located in the International School of London, in Surrey, Old Woking Rd, GU22 8HY.
International School of London Surrey
181 Old Woking Road
Surrey GU22 8HY
07462 221 798