VBRATA – Visit Brazil Travel & Cultural Association in partnership with the Embassy of Brazil in London and partners are pleased to announce the London Caipirinha Festival 2017.
The official dates are from 5 to 17 September, when London-based bars and restaurants will compete to be crowned as “London’s Best Caipirinha”, amongst other categories.
The London Caipirinha Festival 2017, organised by VBRATA, will start on Tuesday, 5 September, with a twelve-day Caipirinha Competition (5 to 17 September 2017) with bars and restaurants being voted by consumers in various categories.
The competition is easy and interactive; London-based consumers, who having sampled the caipirinhas and/or Brazilian food of participating establishments, are required to cast their votes online on the Festival website.
The London Caipirinha Festival seeks to promote Brazil, its culture and Brazil’s quintessential national cocktail drink, the Caipirinha!
THE INITIAL CATEGORIES OF THE LONDON CAIPIRINHA FESTIVAL 2017 ARE:
- Caipirinha (original with lime)
- Caipirinha (fruits)
- Caipirinha (exotic)
- Caipirinha menu
- Bar deco
- Brazilian restaurant
- Brazilian food served
- Cuisines fusion offered
- Establishment location
- Establishment services
HOW THE COMPETITION WILL WORK:
- The competition will be open to London-based bars and Brazilian restaurants serving caipirinha
- Voting will be available online on the Festival website
- Scores from zero to five will be given to each category (zero being very bad and five being the best)
- Individuals may only vote once per establishment
- To further generate public interest, a range of exclusive prizes will be on offer to those who register their votes online
- The competition criteria will be assessed by 7-10 judges, as well as the public
- Final scores will carry a 50% weighting from public votes and 50% from the judges
- The voting process will be managed by the festival organisers, who will announce the results after the Grand Final on 28 September on social media.
BBMag Bossa Brazil Magazine, the only London-based bilingual publication specialised in Brazilian lifestyle is the Official Media Partner for the London Caipirinha Festival, although we have also established media partnership with other London-based publications including Brasil Observer, Brasil na Mão, Notícias em Português, Adriana Chiari Magazine and others to be confirmed soon. Together we will bring all information about the London Caipirinha Festival 2017 to a large audience based in the UK and abroad with a list of all participating bars and restaurants, how you can participate and vote on your favourite bars and caipirinhas and much more.
You judge them! Get involved, have fun, drink responsibly!
For further information about the London Caipirinha Festival 2017, sponsors and partners please visit www.londoncaipfest.co.uk